Senin, 02 Juni 2014

ASKING and GIVING INFORMATION

Asking and Giving information

Asking for information
Giving information
o   Could you tell me where Grand Bali hotel is ?
o   Is it far from the airport ?
o   What’s the matter with you ?
o   Where did you put the book ?
·         It’s on Jalan Hang Tuah
·         No, It’s about 25 minutes drive
·         I’ve got a tootache
·         I put it on the table

Example :
The man          : Excuse me, I’m sorry to interrupt you,  can you tell me where the post office is?
The girl           : Never mind, you just go down this street, and it will be on the first right turn beside the bus stop.
The man          : Alright..Thanks for your information

The girl            : You are welcome   

Asking and giving opinion

Asking for opinion
Giving opinion
o   What do you think (of the novel) ?
o   How did you like the film ? 
o   Tell me what you think.
o   Please give me your opinion.
·         I think it is good
·         In my opinion, the film was just like an ordinary film.
·         I think I like him
·         I believe that the lesson was quite interesting

Example :
Chiko : Chica, what do you think of pop music recently? I mean, do you like them?
Chica : Well, I’d say I don’t really like them. I’d prefer jazz.
Chiko : Why? I think pop music is very entertaining.
Chica :In my opinion, jazz music is relaxing

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar